- Program Manager /
Automatic Resource leveling
No more time-consuming and tedious calculations
Resource leveling means resolving conflicts or over allocations in the project plan by allowing the software to calculate delays and update tasks automatically. Resource leveling requires tasks to be delayed until resources are available. PlanningForce scheduling engine resolves allocation conflicts and overlaps in the most effective way so your plans are not only realistic but also optimized.
Key Resource leveling features
- The automatic scheduling process takes into account:
- Maximum resource capacity
- User preferences
- Deadlines and priorities
- Specific heuristics (= way to optimize a plan)
- Resources are always used/planned in the best way considering the goals
- Concurrent process is done for all the selected projects and resources
- No potential resource over-usage is observed, even when resources are used within multiple departments and BUs
Before automatic resource leveling
You analyze resource gaps regarding the demand before launching the automatic resource leveling process.
The picture on the left shows how it looks like when resource over-usage appears.
After automatic resource leveling
PlanningForce's scheduling engine delivers realistic schedules while dealing with real resource capacity and constraints (priorities, deadlines,...).
The picture on the left shows that all resource conflicts and over-usages have been solved.